Called to serve in the Adriatic North Mission.

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Bok, good people!

So, I'm sure some of you are aware that I don't get very much time set aside for emailing every week, and although I hear there's a way I can just make a list of contacts and send them this every week, I haven't figured out how to do that since I haven't had time. So, in the interest of time, from here on out, I will be sending my mass email to my mother and some other family members and missionaries, and the rest of you can follow my blog, either on Facebook or by directly subscribing to it, to get the updates. Sorry for the inconvenience :/

Okay! Second week down, seven more to go here at the MTC. It went waaaay better than the first week, let me tell you. The language is coming along much better, which is a huge relief. I think our practice investigators might understand what we're saying now!

Oh, I sprained my ankle! I was playing basketball on Tuesday, and got too intense, I guess. Anyways, it's not that bad. It is all big and puffy, though, and might turn into a nasty bruise eventually. That would be pretty cool. I never, ever get injured, so I'm actually kind of excited, as weird as that is. I'm having a lot of firsts here at the MTC.

How many of you watched General Conference?? How wonderful was that!? I of course loved Elder Bednar's talk directed to non-members. All my non-Mormon friends HAVE to check that out. (https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2011/04/the-spirit-of-revelation?lang=eng) I also really loved Lynn G. Robbins' talk, and, naturally, Elder Holland's. He always has something powerful to say. Nevertheless, I'm appreciating more and more those speakers who maybe don't have as eloquent of words or aren't necessarily the most intense/dramatic speakers. Everyone has something valuable to say. That's why they were asked to speak in front of the entire body of the church.

Also, every time someone mentioned the missionaries, I veritably cried. I'll never get over the fact that it's finally MY TURN. And there's 88,033ish others doing the same exact thing! I cannot get over that.

I just want to give a loving shout-out to all of my friends that I've seen while here at the MTC that either work here, or just happen to be driving by :) Let me just say that it completely makes my day every single time. I sometimes forget this is real life, and then someone from my BYU ward or something yells "SISTER WATTS!" and it reminds me that this is so very REAL. I love it.

Okay, time for the Fraza Dana (phrase of the day!)

Mrzim te -- (pr. like Merzeem tay) "I hate you." It was very important that I learned this one, so that all those people who didn't appreciate "volim te" would have something useful to say. You're welcome.

I love you all, and I appreciate your prayers!
Provo Missionary Training Center


No comments:

Post a Comment