Called to serve in the Adriatic North Mission.

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Hey all!

Can you believe that I only have two and a half weeks left in the MTC!? We should get our flight plans by the end of NEXT WEEK! It is not real that we are leaving that soon. I'm not ready! But also, I am so ready! I think 9 weeks is perfect. It's just enough time where you know you're maybe not ready skill-wise, but you'll still go without complaint because you've been here for so long already.

Okay, I have developed a big appreciation for Neal A. Maxwell this week. I read a talk by him called "Swallowed Up in the Will of the Father" that was exactly what I needed to hear. I highly recommend it. He is a powerhouse speaker. The Apostles, old and new, really know what they're talking about. 

This week, the MTC had the wonderful opportunity to attend the Tuesday morning devotional on BYU campus! the devotional was really good, but I'm afraid my favorite part wasn't the speaker at all. My brother Clayton is in the BYU Singers, and they performed, and that meant that his wife Shauna and my 1-yr-old niece Ariana were there!!!!! I got to see her walking! I couldn't believe it! She is the cutest thing I have ever, ever seen! Ever! I might have cried a little bit. Or, like, a lot. that was a huge blessing.

GUESS WHAT. We got to Skype a real, live, Croatian-member-who-lives-in-Croatia yesterday! His name is Jusuf. He barely spoke a bit of English, so it was the REAL DEAL! And we did it! We managed to have a conversation! It just made this whole experience so much more real. I can't stop smiling still because of it. I already love him and all of the people of my mission. What an experience.

Alright, so, last thing. This past week was Halloween, and my district decided that I was going to dress up like one of my teachers, Brother West. It was only for that class period, since we didn't think it appropriate for me to look weird all day. Mom will post the picture. It was a hoot! He loved it. He's buff on top, but he has chicken legs, hence the pictures of chickens on my legs. The whole district was in on it.

Anyway. Time for the fraza dana!

Iznenađenje! - (eez-nen-ah-jen-yay) "Surprise!"

Sestra Watts

No comments:

Post a Comment