Called to serve in the Adriatic North Mission.

Monday, March 23, 2015



We visited an international junk food store while in Zagreb
that weekend, and I bought Reese's. If you ever send me 
American candy, 90% of it can definitely be Reese's.

Surprise! I went to Osijek for the weekend!

Osijek is a city clear on the other side of Croatia, which was Sister Derenthal's first area. We went because she had to pick up her visa that got delivered there, but also because one of the investigators she used to teach got baptized!! President Grant sometimes lets missionaries go back to their former areas for baptisms. It was sooooo good! Marko, the man who got baptized, is one of the most stellar converts I've ever seen. He was so excited to take this step in his life. It was a simple, beautiful ceremony, and everyone was so happy, and the Spirit was so strong. The gospel truly makes you a happier person, more than I can describe.

Less importantly, the drive there was 3.5 hours long, and we had to drive back to Karlovac right after the baptism at night, so we didn't get home until about 1:30 a.m. I have never stayed up even close to that late as a missionary. We were genuinely pooped. Also, as we entered Karlovac, I got pulled over and had to take a breathalyzer test. It wasn't even because I was driving terribly (promise! He didn't say anything about my driving), they just do random pullovers sometimes, I don't know why. Money? Anyway, I'm both embarrassed and strangely proud of that. How many missionaries can say that they got a breathalyzer test on their missions? Good times.

Also, this past week I was on an exchange with Sister Hertz. It was so great to catch up, since we hadn't really had the chance to talk since the MTC. It was awesome to see how much each other has grown and improved in the 4 months we've been in Croatia. She's a strong missionary and incredibly hilarious. Needless to say, we get along pretty extremely well.

Okay, good people! Fraza dana:
Tko te šiša? (tkoe tay sheeshah) -- "Who cuts your hair?" This is an insult in Croatian. It kind of means "who do you think you are?" But it can also be used among friends. It's not severe.

Love you all, stay classy!
Sestra Watts
Sister Derenthal (left) and I were reunited with fellow MTC-ite Sister Nydegger (center),
who's serving in Slovenia, at Mission Leadership Council a few weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment