Called to serve in the Adriatic North Mission.

Monday, January 26, 2015

Hello, lovely people!

Welp. Two notable things happened this week. I'll start with the business-y one first.

So, we were notified about transfers Saturday night (for those who may not know: transfers= when they jumble missionaries around and move some people to different places. It happens every 9 weeks). My companion/trainer, Sister Walker, is going to Zagreb for her last transfer in the mission, and where she actually started her service more than a year ago. I'm staying here in Karlovac, which I'm actually really excited about. And my new companion will be Sister Derenthal! We were in the MTC together! I am so excited to serve with her. I didn't really get the chance to get to know her that well in the MTC though, since they split us Croatian speakers up into 2 different classes. So they were always in the room next door. But from what I know, she is hilarious and awesome. I am way excited. Another happy little tidbit about Sis. Derenthal: I actually joked with her several times in the MTC that we would end up being companions on our second transfer. And now it HAPPENED. How neat is that?? So she will be here tomorrow. Oh, another thing is that President Grant has decided to make me a Sister Training Leader (basically, I get to talk to the other sisters in my zone a lot and go to meetings in Zagreb once a month. That's the watered-down explanation). It's a big responsibility, and I am pretty nervous. I'm excited, though. I like people. I like having the excuse to get to know them better.

The other, more awesome thing that happened was that Toma got baptized! Toma was the man that the Elders here in Karlovac were teaching about the gospel, and he decided to be baptized on Saturday. It was probably the best baptism I've ever witnessed, if not just because now I understand more than ever before the eternal significance of baptism, and the blessings that come because of it. And afterward, Toma spoke about his conversion and why he decided to be baptized, and it was beautiful. I felt the Spirit so strongly. I am so happy for him.

So, yeah! that was my week! I'm excited to see how this transfer turns out. I'll keep you posted.

Fraza dana:
Što prije je bolje (shtoh pree-yay yay bowl-yay) -- They use it just how we say "The sooner the better." It doesn't really have a direct translation that makes sense. Maybe, "What's before is better."

Love you all!
Sestra Watts

No comments:

Post a Comment