Called to serve in the Adriatic North Mission.

Monday, February 23, 2015

Hi! 

I'm in Rijeka right now, and it is just gorgeous. A little cloudy and rainy, but the sea and the beautiful houses and buildings and mountains are just a dream. I'm dropping off Sister D for an exchange, and then me and one of the sisters from Rijeka are going back up to Karlovac tonight. It'll last till Wednesday. Today we're going to ride bikes along the pier! Goodness, my life is so weird. Never in my life would I have thought that I'd be here in Croatia, preaching the good gospel day and night and then riding bikes along a pier during my free time. Croatia is great, especially in Karlovac, because you live within 75 minutes of the sea and the mountains, and then bustling, huge, old, beautiful Zagreb is 45 minutes the other way. 

This past week was really good. It is always hard work, but we got to know some really awesome people. On Friday, we met a woman on the street named Dubravka (sweet name!) who is in her 30s-ish and has a huge dog and wears army style boots and has the longest hair you will ever see. She is one of the coolest people I've talked to here, and she wants us to come over and teach her more about the gospel! I love when things like that happen. People are so cool, and I get to talk to all of them! Or at least, I try to.

The elders asked a man to get baptized this week, and he said yes! We are all pretty excited. It is so sweet to see how people's lives change so much for the better when they make Jesus Christ the focus. I'm so glad that I am here and get to be a part of that. 

I'm sorry I don't have any intense stories to tell you this week. I'm kind of glad about that, honestly. Missions are crazy enough without people almost getting killed on highways in front of our eyes. 

Fraza dana time!
Nemam pojma (nay-mahm poy-mah) - "No idea." Sometimes when we try to talk to people with our limited Croatian skills, they say this to us and hang up the phone/walk away. But we keep going. Because it's worth it.

Miss you all! Have a fantastic week.
Sestra Watts

No comments:

Post a Comment